Neck Pain Chiropractic Care
Stiff neck is most common pain occurs because of improper positioning of neck while sleeping or it can be result of stressful day at work or any injury or jerk. There’s a difference between a stiff neck and one that hurts so bad that it makes your head spin kind of pain, and it is “bad enough” to see a chiropractor for it.
You can manage neck pain at home by using few home remedies like using ice. You might like to consider changing your pillow. You can try few neck exercises also, but be careful not to overdone it and stretch your neck beyond its normal limits, by doing this you may do more harm. You also need to avoid driving as you may not be able to turn your neck past your shoulder.
When Should You See a Chiropractor for Neck Pain?
Till some level you can maintain your pain at home but when it’s unbearable you should see a chiropractor.
Neck Pain Causes and Neck Pain Symptoms
See a chiropractor for neck pain if you..
- Have stiffness after few days without any improvement.
- Have severe neck pain that you can’t look over your shoulders.
- Are worried that your neck pain may have a serious cause
- had a specific movement (abnormal motion) that resulted in neck pain such as lifting, falling or an injury
- Feel that your neck pain is growing and if you feel numbness and tingling sensation in your hand and wrists.
Neck Pain and Chiropractic
We at Indian chiropractic specialize in treatment for neck pain, Chiropractor will check to see how your neck movements are, and is there swelling, tenderness or numbness.
Neck Pain Treatment and Exercise
After X-rays and physical exam, the chiropractic treatment plan is designed according to your need including chiropractic adjustments, specific neck exercises and physiotherapy. It will help you to restore motion to stiff muscles and joints.
Your chiropractor may use a combination of techniques as part of your treatment plan for neck pain.
Below are some spinal manipulation techniques:
- Flexion-distraction technique is a hands-on spinal manipulation that involves a pumping action on the intervertebral disc.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation: A hand-held instrument is used to apply force.
- Specific spinal manipulation: A gentle thrusting technique which helps restores joint movement.
Manual therapies like soft tissue therapy, manual joint stretching technique, Therapeutic message, Trigger point therapy can also be used for pain relief and relaxing tense muscles.
Other therapies like inferential electrical stimulation and ultrasound can also be used to ease neck pain symptoms by stimulating neck muscles. Therapeutic exercises also can help improve range of motion in your neck and prevent neck pain from progressing. Above mentioned treatments are possible chiropractic treatments for neck pain; . Come and visit our nearby centre to know your actual treatment plan which will be designed upon diagnosis.