Numbness & Tingling
Numbness and tingling are sensations that occur anywhere in your body, but mostly felt in your fingers, hands, feet, arms, or legs.
Causes for Numbness & Tingling
Numbness and Tingling are not a condition but symptoms, which can be caused by any number of different conditions.
Conditions causing tingling sensation and numbness listed below:
- -> Sitting or Standing in same position for a long period of time.
- -> Injury to a nerve in neck or a low back injury an cause a numbness in your arm or leg
- -> Herniated disk causes pressure on nerves which causes numbeness and tingling sensation..
- -> Shingles or herpes infection.
- -> Lack of blood supply to an area,
- -> Other medical conditions, including:
- -> Diabetes
- -> Migraines
- -> Seizures
- -> Stroke
- -> thyroid
- -> Irregular levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body.
- -> Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- -> Side effects of certain medications.
Numbness and Tingling can be a Sign of Stroke:
Not all instances of numbness and tingling can wait for a doctor's visit. Most significantly when a person feels they may be experiencing signs of a stroke they should go for emergency.
Following symptoms are signs of stroke:
- -> Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the face, arm or leg
- -> Confusion, speaking
- -> Vision problem
- -> Dizziness, trouble walking
- -> Severe headache
IF you feel any of the above mentioned symptoms along with numbness and Most cases of numbness and tingling are caused by conditions caused by trauma. Numbness and Tingling sensation best respond to Chiropractic among all other treatments. This is because chiropractic works on the root cause of the trauma, not only the symptoms of numbness and tingling, which usually be alleviated once the chiropractic therapy has started.
Numbness & Tingling Care
Indian Chiropractic for Numbness & Tingling Treatment
By obtaining your medical history and performing physical examination, our chiropractic doctor will begin your treatment by determining the root cause. The physical examination can include orthopaedic and neurologic testing. Also in some cases further evaluation, which might include other techniques like; blood tests, CT scan, MRI, vascular ultrasound, or electro diagnostic testing such as nerve conduction velocity studies. A chiropractic treatment plan will be created specifically for you according to your symptoms. It may include physiotherapy, to reduce pain and inflammation, lifestyle coaching and acupuncture.
At Indian Chiropractic most cases of numbness and tingling can be treated conservatively with chiropractic care.
To learn more about how chiropractic care may help alleviate your numbness and tingling contact us to schedule your appointment today itself. Select the nearest Indian Chiropractic centre.